Artist network & marketplace for Seattle & Pacific Northwest art communities.

Artist network & marketplace for Seattle & Pacific Northwest art communities.
Celebrating Over 25 Years - 1999-2024!

Painting Animals Workshop July 2018

Whidbeyislandfas
      Participant
      Posted By: whidbeyislandfas
      Participant

This workshop will be taught by James Tennison. On the first morning of this workshop we will meet at my studio in Langley and then set out exploring Whidbey Island for animal subjects to paint. There are a wide variety of

animals to choose from — including sheep, cows, horses, alpaca, deer, birds and rabbits — and we will photograph a selection of these animals for painting reference.

After lunch, we will gather back in my studio where I will demonstrate my process for painting from photo reference and my methods and materials for oil painting.

Workshop participants will then use the next three days to create a painting (or paintings) of animals they have photographed. Emphasis will be placed on composition, accurate drawing, correct values, fresh color mixtures and edge control.

Personal attention will be given to each participant and further painting demonstrations will be provided as needed.

​A good quality camera with zoom capability is recommended, as is a laptop or tablet for the studio days. Alternatively, you may have color prints of your reference photos printed locally.

This four-day workshop, held July 25 to 28, 2018, is open to all levels. The cost is $600. Sign up at http://www.whidbeyislandfas.com.

Posted By:
      Whidbeyislandfaswhidbeyislandfas
      Participant
      Christine
      Posted By: Christine

James is a wonderful instructor. You cant go wrong taking this workshop!

Posted By:
      ChristineChristine
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Yes No