Artist network & marketplace for Seattle & Pacific Northwest art communities.

Artist network & marketplace for Seattle & Pacific Northwest art communities.
Celebrating Over 25 Years - 1999-2024!

Weekly Online Painting Classes with Ned Mueller

Deadline to Apply/Register: 01/15/2024 - EXPIRED

Ned Mueller
      Participant
      Posted By: Ned Mueller
      Participant

We are currently taking sign ups for my Wednesday sessions, a morning class from 10am to 1pm. I limit the class to 10-12 students. Cost for eight sessions is $365, and preferred method of payment is by check. We will hold your place once we receive payment.

Classes are ongoing and run as a series of 8 (3hr) sessions each Wednesday morning and evening. You can sign up for either sessions on an ongoing basis. Contact me for details and to find the right session for you.

My website is: https://www.nedmueller.com. Contact by email: [email protected] or telephone at:425-894-2447 or Karen:  [email protected]

I usually do a demo every other session and critiques are ongoing.  I encourage to use the process that I often use… that is doing value and/or color studies to develop their designs. I encourage students to understand and apply the principle and elements of design… as if we do, our paintings will improve. We also work on color harmony, what that means and how do we achieve it. I really enjoy teaching and watching my students get better. I have been teaching, drawing and painting for over 65 years and have a lot of knowledge, experience and some wisdom about painting and Art to pass on. I am also a “Designated Master” with both the Oil Painters of America and the American Impressionist Society.

I encourage everyone to develop their own voice. I try and bring humor into the process as much as we can and so we have a comfortable and support group of Artists giving each other support and encouragement. Hope you can join us!

We use Zoom for this online class. Have you used Zoom before? If not we would be happy to run through the process with you closer to the start date or sooner.

Students work on what interests them, but the overall direction is in applying the Principle and Elements of Design, and understanding  how to achieve color harmony in our paintings.

Testimonials:

Subject: Recommendation for Master Artist and Teacher Ned Mueller – by Valerie Collymore

I am writing in support of Master Artist and Teacher Ned Mueller. During my nearly two years of weekly classes at the Ned Mueller Studios, I not only learned the fundamentals of painting and good design, but most importantly, was encouraged and nurtured and given the confidence to enter the professional arena of the full time artist. It is the rare instructor that can share such a significant amount of knowledge while allowing all in the class to have a great time, in an equitable and highly entertaining environment. It is the rare artist who, despite a long and decorated career and a masterful style recognized internationally, can allow the novice the latitude to experiment and attempt to develop her own voice.
      I heartily endorse and recommend Mr. Ned Mueller as an instructor. I can’t imagine a more qualified, kind and entertaining master teacher.

Respectfully,

Valerie L. Collymore MD

“After studying 1 1/2 years with another professional artist, I luckily, somehow? came to your studio and could not believe how different the atmosphere was and how enjoyed and encouraged I was personally and artistically. You did more for me than you know. A student doesn’t even realize at the time what they are learning because you are so funny and your class is always entertaining. And yet, when all is said and done, students leave changed and inspired to really delve into the fundamentals of art and like Valerie said, “given the confidence to enter the professional arena”. Richard Smith

Group of Paintings

• This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Joe AdminJoe Admin.
      • This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Joe AdminJoe Admin.
      • This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Ned MuellerNed Mueller.
      Posted By:
      Ned MuellerNed Mueller
      Participant
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Yes No