Artist network & marketplace for Seattle & Pacific Northwest art communities.

Artist network & marketplace for Seattle & Pacific Northwest art communities.
Celebrating Over 25 Years - 1999-2024!

November Interviews for Artists Interested in Fluxus

Sam Seaver
      Participant
      Posted By: Sam Seaver
      Participant

My name is Sam Seaver and my classmates and I are currently working on our final project in our art history class at the University of Washington. The class is Art H 309: Collaborative and Participatory Performance Art. Our professor asked us to choose an art movement that we find interesting and then formulate a presentation.

My group and I have chosen the Fluxus movement and want to see how those involved in the arts today use Fluxus foundations, principles, methodologies, etc. in their work. We are doing so by conducting interviews of local artists, collectors, and other professionals who seem to reflect this, while simultaneously creating our own Fluxus-inspired activity and asking volunteers (interviewees or otherwise) to participate.

The interview would take no more than 40 minutes of your time and would be a great way for students and faculty in not just the school of art, art history, and design, but many other schools at UW to hear about your experience and see what you are working on. We would be happy to provide our interview questions in advanced if you prefer. We would ask that you consent to video and photographs of the interview to be used as part of our public presentation.

We are available:

Wed, Nov 7 ~ 12:30-4:30 pm

Fri, Nov 9 ~ 1:00-9:00 pm

Mon, Nov 12 ~ 1:00-5:30 pm

Wed, Nov 14 ~ 1:00-5:30 pm

Fri, Nov 16 ~ 1:00-5:30 pm

If none of these times work for you, but you are interested, please let me know and we can discuss other options (e.g. conducting the interview remotely).

Thank you so much! Your contributions would be elucidating and invaluable.

P.S. Coffee and a treat’s on us 🙂

Posted By:
      Sam SeaverSam Seaver
      Participant
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Yes No