See the Newcastle Art Council’s post , looking for artists for upcoming Art Walk!
Calling all artists!
Newcastle Arts Council in partnership with AvalonNewcastle Commons and Bishops Newcastle is organizing an art fair to be held at Avalon Newcastle Commons on Saturday, September 18, 2021. The mission of Newcastle Arts Council is to promote, support, and encourage the arts in the local Newcastle area as the organization works toward Making the Arts Come Alive in Newcastle.
Much has changed over the past year and our artists community has been hit particularly hard by the pandemic. The art fair is an opportunity for artists to be able to showcase their creativity to our community and hopefully receive some economic benefit from being able to sell items to the public at an organized event.
If you would like to participate in this event with a booth space, please submit a form that can be found on the Newcastle Arts Council website at newcastlewaarts.org.
Submissions should be sent to the Newcastle Arts Council e-mail address at [email protected]. Submissions must be received no later than August 13, 2021. More information is provided below about this opportunity. Questions can be sent to [email protected].
· Date of event: Saturday, September 18, 2021
· Hours of operation will be from 10:00am to 4:00pm. Artists will be allowed to set up their space starting at 8:00am in the morning and should be ready to go no later than 30 minutes from the opening of this event BY 9:30am. Artists are further expected to remain until the event closes.
· Location – Courtyards and sidewalks at Newcastle Commons in Newcastle, WA surrounding the corners of Newcastle Commons Drive and 134th Place SE. There will be a check in table near the Avalon Newcastle Commons Leasing Office on Newcastle Commons Drive near the North Lawn for check-in. Parking is limited so please plan to arrive early to offload your items. Temporary parking for artists to use for offloading will be available along 134th Place SE in the loading zones. After you have offloaded your items, a temporary parking pass will be provided to you for free parking on P1 of the parking garage. The parking garage entrance is located on 132nd Place SE.
· Participating artists will be provided with a 10X10 space on the sidewalk to showcase their artwork. The location will be determined by the committee, and it cannot be changed. You are responsible for bringing your own display materials, tables, tents, etc. Booth spaces do not include power. Each vendor is responsible for keeping their 10×10 space and surrounding area free of trip/slip hazards.
· Food will be available on-site for purchase.
· There is no cost to participate in this event. However, Newcastle Arts Council is a 501c3 and would gladly appreciate your donations so we can continue to provide for these events and activities in our community.
· Health requirements – These are in line with other markets in which you may be participating and are subject to change based on changes from State, County and Local health departments. At this point in time, you will be given a health questionnaire in advance of your participation day asking about potential symptoms and exposure. The questionnaire applies to anyone in your booth. You must have hand sanitizer at your booth. This is a very fluid situation, so please remain flexible.
· You are responsible for your sales transactions and reporting of those transactions for tax purposes. The City of Newcastle is not requiring art vendors to have a business license specific for this event.
· Final determination of participation is at the discretion of Newcastle Arts Council.
We are extremely excited about this opportunity to support our local artists. Since this is the first year this event is being put on, we hope you will be flexible and patient with event planning and logistics.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the arts helping us in Making the Arts Come Alive in Newcastle.
2021 Newcastle Commons Art Walk Committee
This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by S.Carpine.
SeattleArtists.com was launched in 1999, over 21 years ago! Our mission was and still remains to provide an artists network and marketplace for independent artists in the Pacific Northwest & Seattle art communities. We provide member artists with a free directory listing as well as an online gallery for premier members. Discover some of the best hidden talent in the local Seattle art community!