· Artists must be 55 years of age or older.
· Entries must be entirely the original work of the artist.
· Work must have been created within the last three years. (October 2020 – September 2023)
· All two-dimensional works on paper must be protected with glass or Plexiglass. Work must be sturdily framed and have hanging wires. No sawtooth hangers. Two-dimensional work must not exceed 60” in width or 40” in height, including frame.
· Sculpture may not exceed 60”x24”x24”.
· Jewelry or textile pieces must come ready to hang or display using the guidelines for sizes above.
· Franke Tobey Jones reserves the right to refuse any work which does not meet the criteria or that contains unsuitable material.
· All entries should be submitted as digital image (.jpg) files.
· A non-refundable entry fee of $35 covers a maximum of three entries per artist.
· Deadline for completed form, images and fee is Friday, July 21, 2023.
· Artists will be notified of the jury’s decision by September 1, 2023. At that time, a 20-word description of the work may be requested, as well as an artist bio.
· Artists are responsible for delivering accepted work to the MJ Wicks Family Wellness Center at Franke Tobey Jones on Wednesday, October 18 between 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
· It is assumed that all works are for sale unless otherwise specified. Artists will handle their own sales and may provide business cards with contact information. In the event of a sale, a donation of a percentage to Franke Tobey Jones is encouraged.
· Works must not be removed from the show until after 3 pm on Sunday, October 22. No exceptions, please.
Awards will be given for First ($250), Second ($150) and Third place ($100). There will also be three Honorable Mentions chosen by the curator and those will receive a cash award of $50 each. These awards will be presented at the reception on October 19. A People’s Choice award ($150) will also be given at the end of the show’s run on October 17 and the winner will be notified.
This year’s guest curator is Abrian Curington. Abrian is returning after having curated our 2018 Senior Art Show. Abrian has been working as a professional visual storyteller and cartographer for over ten years. She focuses on creating deeply researched, illustrated maps of worlds both real and imagined, and nerdy graphic novels. Currently she is working with the Oz community to make a lavishly illustrated map of the Land of Oz, as well as occasionally serving as a science communicator aboard ocean research vessels.
· Amy Bader,
· Ivy Bowers
· Heide Fernandez-Llamazares
· Zachary Z. Sofia
How to Register and Submit Artwork
All registration and art submissions are to be made online at https://www.franketobeyjones.com/community/events/senior-art-show-submission-form/
To ask any questions or receive the link via email, contact: [email protected].
SeattleArtists.com was launched in 1999 in a little studio apartment on the edge of Lake Union. Our mission was and still remains to provide an artists network and marketplace for independent and emerging artists in the Seattle and Pacific Northwest art communities. We provide member artists with a free directory listing as well as an online portfolio for premier members. Discover some of the best hidden talent in the local Seattle art community!