Schack Art Center is looking for fall-themed artwork for our annual juried Schacktoberfest exhibit to accompany the ever-growing Schack Glass Pumpkin Patch in the main gallery!
Artists are encouraged to enter (but not limited to) all mediums of paintings, sculptural work, glass, jewelry, ceramics, woodwork and more in the themes of fall, autumn, harvest, and even Halloween!
Please read the following submission instructions:
Please email all submissions to [email protected] before the submission deadline.
Submission deadline: July 21, 2023 @ 5pm
· Make the subject line of email Schacktoberfest Submission.
· Artists are allowed up to six images, jpgs ONLY.
· Label each jpg: artist name_ title_medium_size_price.
· Do not send links, pdfs, websites, videos, drop box or google accounts.
· Please send all submissions in ONE complete email.
· In the body of the email, list for each image:
o Artist name
o Additional useful information
· If the email you are sending from IS NOT the artist submitting, or you are assisting an artist for submission, please make that abundantly clear.
NO SUBMISSION FEE, FREE to enter.
All submitted artwork must be for sale and not previously shown at Schack Art Center, with Schack taking 40% commission on all sales. Do not submit NFS work.
This is a juried exhibit with rules for submission and standards for acceptance.
Not all submitted work will be accepted.
· Submission deadline: July 21, 2023 @ 5pm
· Notifications sent out by: July 28 @ 5pm
· Exhibit dates: September 7-September 30, 2023
· Opening reception: September 7, 2023, 5-8pm
· Delivery date for accepted works will be included in acceptance email.
Helpful submission tips:
· Read and follow all instructions.
· To ensure our notification email does not go to your spam or junk folder, add [email protected] to your contacts.
· If you have questions, do not be afraid to ask!
· Email all questions to [email protected] .
· Pay attention to, and meet, deadlines.
· Send only clear, quality images cropped to JUST the artwork.
· Take your photos straight on with as little tilt and glare as possible.
· If working with 3D artwork, keep your background clean, monotone and free and clear of clutter.
· IMPORTANT: Label all images by changing the file name. (You should always label your images: artist name_ title_medium_size_price).
For example: Gloria Jones_Windswept_oil on canvas_12”x12”_$480.jpg
· Judging starts with the quality of your submission, your ability to read and follow instructions, as well as the quality of your work.
Deadline: July 21, 2023 @ 5pm
SeattleArtists.com was launched in 1999 in a little studio apartment on the edge of Lake Union. Our mission was and still remains to provide an artists network and marketplace for independent and emerging artists in the Seattle and Pacific Northwest art communities. We provide member artists with a free directory listing as well as an online portfolio for premier members. Discover some of the best hidden talent in the local Seattle art community!