Artist network & marketplace for Seattle & Pacific Northwest art communities.

Artist network & marketplace for Seattle & Pacific Northwest art communities.
Celebrating Over 25 Years - 1999-2024!

Linoleum Cutting for Artists Workshop

Joe Admin
      Keymaster
      Posted By: Joe Admin
      Keymaster

Dig in to linoleum as you carve one color reduction linoleum blocks and print from them. Methods of transferring an image to lino, and best carving practices of this traditional printing method will be covered. Leave knowing how to continue this printing technique in your own home without special equipment. Students must come prepared with an image ready to work from, and are encouraged to bring personal projects in process for group sharing and troubleshooting.

Many different techniques go in to making artist books! Relief printing, like stamping, is one of them. Learning to use linocut tools and developing carving skills can transfer to so many different areas and media. This workshop, while accessible to beginners, is intended for those who will take it and run with it, possibly combining with the book workshop offered earlier, in April. These workshops are building blocks… use them together to assemble complex and entirely unique creations.

REGISTRATION

$120 | $96 for members

scholarships available upon request

HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY

BIMA is following the COVID-19 recommendations and guidance from Kitsap Public Health District, Washington State Department of Health, and the CDC, and will continue to update health and safety policies as needed. At this time, masks and proof of vaccination is not required–but we welcome you to wear a mask if you choose.

We recommend visiting our website prior to this event for the most up-to-date policies.

WHEN

May 14, 2022
      12:00pm – 4:00pm

WHERE

BIMA Classroom

TICKETS

INSTRUCTOR

Kitty Koppelman

Beyond my limited, intellectual perceptions, when layers of colors join forces they seem to make an image more “real” than the subject itself. The practice of bringing the colors together helps bring me closer to seeing and accepting the true and divine nature of what’s in front of me, not just what I think is there. There are stories to be told in the color, light, depth, and richness surrounding me. In my routine of life, I’m way too unfocused and stingy with my attention to recognize these miracles as they come and go. In my work, I’m attempting to refocus my observation enough to see and to show how thrilling the breadth of reality can be.

Kitty Koppelman (she/her) is an artist based in Olympia, WA whose practice encompasses figurative painting, block printing, letterpress, and more.

Posted By:
      Joe AdminJoe Admin
      Keymaster
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Yes No