fbpx
Artist network & marketplace for Seattle & Pacific Northwest art communities.

Artist network & marketplace for Seattle & Pacific Northwest art communities.
Celebrating 22 Years - 1999-2021

How To: Post Classes & Workshops here instead of the art calendar

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe AdminJoe Admin
      Keymaster
      Gallery Member

We’ve moved the classes & workshops from the art calendar over here to the forums. The reason is because classes don’t fit very neatly into the calendar. Most classes & workshops have a registration period and then the class starts. Very often the event would show up on the calendar with the dates of the actual classes, and people would miss the registration period deadline. And the classes showing up on the calendar weren’t of any help to anyone because the classes were already in-progress.

So we moved that category to the forums where we can just list classes and workshops and control how they display with a registration deadline and class information.

If you are posting a new class or workshop, please include the following information:

• In the post title – include the class name AND registration deadline if there is one
      • In the post body – include the who, what, where, when, & why.
        1. include the course description
        2. class dates
        3. any fees
        4. any prerequisites
        5. website address if available
        6. contact information
        7. AND the location!

If you have any feedback or input on how we can make this area better, please don’t hesitate to let us know with a comment below.

Thanks!
      Joe

Lee Kennedy ArtistLee Kennedy Artist

Hi Joe, How do I edit class information that I submitted?

Thank you, Lee Kennedy

Whidbeyislandfaswhidbeyislandfas
      Participant

I’m logged in, but the classes forum keeps telling me I have to log in to post something. Is there an issue with this forum?

Joe AdminJoe Admin
      Keymaster
      Gallery Member

Hi, sorry for this issue. There has been a recent problem with pages not refreshing after you login. We use a strict caching system and it’s not flushing the session when someone logs in. To get around this temporarily, you should be able to press CTRL+F5 (CMD+F5 on a MAC) to reload the page and clear the cache. That should force the page to detect that you are logged in.

Please try that and let me know if you are still having issues.

Thanks.

Joe AdminJoe Admin
      Keymaster
      Gallery Member

Hi Cary, I believe we have the issue fixed. Please let me know if you run into it again. I will also private message you to confirm.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue.

-Joe

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Yes No