10/11/2019 – 10/13/2019
10 am – 5 pm
Edward D Hansen Conference Center
2000 Hewitt Ave
A QUILT & FIBER ARTS EXTRAVAGANZA!
3 EXHIBITS – Almost 350 quilt and fiber arts pieces from across the US and four countries!:
- 2019 Festival Entries Exhibit includes Quilts (traditional, pictorial, abstract, modern, fantasy, miniature, applique, pieced/applique, and multiple construction techniques/fabric manipulation); Wearable Garments and Accessories; Felted Fiber Art; Knitting; Needlework; 3-D/Sculptural; and Mixed Media.
- Quilts from 1840-1900: Private Collection of Laurie Bingham
- Recently Acquisitioned Pieces to the Permanent Collection – A Sample of New Collection Pieces Never Before Exhibited!
LECTURES: on both Friday, October 11 and Saturday, October 12.at 2pm. Included with Admission Ticket Fee
“The Future of Quilting” by Frank Bennett, CEO, National Quilt Museum, Paducah, KY
In this presentation, Frank talks about the importance of quilting as a cultural and societal mainstay and the National Quilt Museum’s work to grow and expand the art form.
CLASSES: (registration online at qfamuseum.org) :
- Sarah Bond: Playing with Colors and Grayscale
- Diane Herrman: Walking the Water’s Edge – A Needlework Class
- Jane Hyde: Hugs & Kisses Basket
- Brenna Jael: Make Your Own Journal: Hand-bound leather journal workshop
- Kelly Wilbur: Coming Full Circle
DISCOUNTED TICKETS AVAILABLE ONLINE at qfamuseum.org