Artist network & marketplace for Seattle & Pacific Northwest art communities.

Artist network & marketplace for Seattle & Pacific Northwest art communities.
Celebrating 21 Years! 1999-2020.

COVID-19 / Coronavirus Update

Many local events have been cancelled or postponed due to health concerns, so we ask that you please confirm the event information with the appropriate organizers prior to making plans to attend. Learn more at www.kingcounty.gov/covid
Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

How Successful Artists have “Made it”

July 13, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm


As serious artists, we want to be in the studio creating art – not spending one second more than necessary on marketing. We want someone to point us to the method or platform that will make our marketing targeted, profitable and yes, easy to do. We keep our ear to the ground, watching what other artists do. We take online courses, read books, attend ArtBiz conferences and then rush to our computers to polish our web sites, post on social media, learn what a hashtag is and how to embed it in our jpg images, join an online gallery or NY show or place a magazine ad – anything that will get our art in front of collectors and launch our full time art careers.

So why are we all still rushing from platform to platform only to find they don’t necessarily work for us or for fine art??  Feeling frustrated, most of us have decided to keep dabbling in marketing until someone FINALLY figures this fine art marketing thing out.

My mission over the last year has been to try to figure this out. I’ve taken several online classes, read a ton of social media/art marketing books, attended an ArtBiz conference with hard core advanced Instagram/FB classes, paid $$$ for Eric Rhode’s Fine Art Marketing Boot Camps 1-4, talked with those who actually make money using social media and, most importantly, read about how top artists (those who make a good living from their art) have “made it”.

This Salon will NOT be like other art marketing seminars that send you down fruitless rabbit trails to platforms that may work for 1% of artists who “get discovered” but don’t work for the other 99% of professional artists.  Those artists are discovered for unique reasons. Bravo for them! I feel it’s time we take an honest look at how the big artists have made it and get real about how/why to use social media in it’s current form and learn about upcoming trends and limitations.  You need to armed with information about the focus, demographics and behaviors of each platform to make informed decisions.

Come to this Salon presentation to learn how successful artists have made it. Bring a friend! A list of resources will be provided to all who attend.

Kelly Sooter


July 13, 2019
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Event Category:
Https://psg was.org/events


Alderwood Community Church, Rm W-2
3403 Alderwood Mall Blvd
Lynnwood, WA 98036 United States
(206) 354-5025


Yes No