It’s never too late to celebrate a release. Join us for an immersive multi-media evening of music, dance, and art at the Fremont Abbey. The evening’s festivities will include limited edition prints, an art installation, dance performances by special guests, and more. A portion of the night’s proceeds will go towards the YES! Foundation of White Center.
GRADIENT is a mixed-media evening of music, dance, and art at the Fremont Abbey. The visuals, seating arrangements, dance, and music centers around a repeating theme of gradient. “We were tired of playing the same old show” says Sam Hoshin, frontwoman of the band. “We wanted to create a more immersive experience, and so we’re bringing in dancers, color, and texture.” The evening’s festivities will include limited edition prints, an art installation, dance performances by special guests, and more. A portion of the proceeds from GRADIENT will go to the YES! Foundation of Whitecenter, which serves children, youth and young adults through relationship based programs that foster self and social awareness, promote education and repurpose power in an under resourced community.
GRADIENT is an expression of a heart for collaboration within the arts community of Seattle. The event aims to lift up many kinds of art, and to gather members of several communities together for a good cause.
“Hoshin., a 5 piece neo soul group from Seattle, draws its strength and groove from the deep friendships of the band and its wider community. Beginning in 2017 as a friends of friends collective, they have quickly created a visionary soul sound, tapping into the felt pocket of rhythm and hypnotic groove-hooks to deliver Sam Hoshin’s organic melodies. The band at large pulls influence from greats like Erykah Badu, Robert Glasper, Sade, Hiatus Kaiyote, and cues up jazz, gospel, soul, and r&b elements, inviting listeners into the ongoing legacy and community of soul music.” -Artist Bio
YES! Foundation of White Center – The YES! Foundation of White Center serves children, youth and young adults through relationship based programs that foster self and social awareness, promote education and repurpose power in an under resourced community.
DJ Gaan – Portland-based DJ brings the mix.
All ages, some seating available, bar w/ID
ABBEY ARTS EVENT INFO:
– Check tickets for show time
– Fremont Abbey is ADA accessible on either level.
– We have a mix of normal chairs, some tall chairs, and standing room in back.
– Seating is not reserved unless noted.
– Please refrain from talking or texting during the show.
– No video from the seating area please.
– Please limit photos during the show so as to not distract other attendees from the experience.
– We are an all ages venue. Kids 10 & under are free at Abbey Arts concerts & arts events unless noted.
– Arts Connect provides free tickets for nonprofit workers, low income families, and veterans.
– Volunteer opportunities are available for most shows (include free entry) www.fremontabbey.org/volunteer
– Entering the venue indicates agreement to adhere to the Abbey Respect Policy. All are welcome.
ABBEY ARTS, SEATTLE | NONPROFIT 501C3, NON-RELIGIOUS, EST. 2005
Presenting welcoming music, arts & cultural experiences for people of all ages & incomes.
Venue rental info & more: http://www.fremontabbey.org/rent
Concert & events calendar: http://www.abbeypresents.org
Home Venue: Fremont Abbey, 4272 Fremont Ave North, Seattle, WA 98103 / 206-414-8325
Notes: All ticket sales are final unless noted. Lineup and performers are subject to change, no refunds for change of support acts.